Monday, July 28, 2014

Coconut Oil For Diaper Rashes


The title speaks for itself! My daughter doesn't normally get diaper rashes but since she turned one she has an outbreak almost every week. Yesterday she woke up with the worst one yet! I felt SO bad. Lightly trying to wipe her, she screamed in pain. (I definitely cried with her). I have tried so many things, thinking of what was causing these out-breaks. We have changed diaper brands and wipes, journal the food she is eating. Even the pediatrician couldn't give us an answer. Also, we had tried many different types of ointments. The ones for treatment and prevention. Nothing works for this little girl, and putting all these different chemicals on her was driving me nuts.

I'm trying to become more and more eco friendly/all natural, but lets be real here. Some stuff is expensive to start and/or it is time consuming. At this point though I was desperate to give Olivia some type of relief, and I was whiling to try "odd" things. I came across an article about how much coconut oil works for diaper rashes. Being a home cook (I even make my own dressings) I knew I had some coconut oil laying around. I was very skeptical about it. I used it twice and this morning it is nearly all cleared up! Ladies, she had blisters and they are gone! Not even 24 hours. Also, when your little one breaks out in a rash, stay away from wipes (even the sensitive ones). Only use a soft wash cloth and warm water. If there is poop, use a bar of Dove's sensitive skin soap with the wash cloth and warm water to clean. Don't forget to rinse the soap off afterwords.

So now that I know this is a miracle for diaper rashes, I have mini mason jar that I filled with coconut oil. I keep it next to her changing table and now use it every time I change her diaper. It is even small enough that I can place it in the diaper bag and takes up little to no room. Healthy, cheap, and effective! I highly suggest giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment