Thursday, July 31, 2014

DIY Children's Learning Book

Olivia has been so fascinated with books. Honestly she would prefer to have her book than any other toy. Which is great! But I noticed we had a lot of story time books and not really learning books. Which gave me a fun idea. I love doing crafts and now I can share that passion with my daughter. Instead of buying a normal learning book, I decided why not make one? It is a work in progress but I wanted to share with other moms a fun idea, super easy/cheap, and keeps the child entertained. Also, it makes it personable and super cute!

Here is Olivia's Learning Book.



Here is the inside of the book, this is all I have gotten done so far. Eventually I will add a color page, animals, fruits, veggies (you get the idea). Simple for a toddler. I put the print paper in a 3 ring page protector from 'opps' that kids have.

For The front page of it, I wanted it to be creative and personable for Olivia. So I stripped her down to only her diaper, gave her paper and some blobs of paints. At first she was very unsure about this paint (make sure it isn't toxic, she did eat some...) but after a few touches, she LOVED it! Once it dried I added some sparkly letters for the title. 

To keep the pages from sliding out, I sewed the corners and it works perfectly. To bind the pages together, I found some cute ribbon and just doubled knotted it. Easy, cheap, and down right adorable!

This seems so simple, almost too simple, but my toddler is obsessed with this book. She constantly brings it over to either my husband or I and points to everything. The best feature is that she is learning but having fun! If you aren't artistic, find some photos online to print or cheap kids magazines you can cut and paste. Use your imagination and make it your own! Don't forget to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment