Thursday, August 7, 2014

Homemade Natural All-Purpose Cleaner

Having a baby really changed my views on what chemicals we are using around the house and foods we are eating. Every time I would spray the 409 I would cringe thinking of all the chemicals my newborn was breathing in. Freaked me out! So I am slowly finding new ways how to make homemade all natural products. I want to share with you this natural all-purpose cleaner that is even safe for GRANITE OR MARBLE! Super easy to make and has actually saved us money. 


Ingredients
1/4 cup alcohol
3-5 drops of dish soap
5-10 drops of essential oils (optional)
2 cups water

Container
Spray bottle (you can get one at Walmart or Target for no more than $2. Or use an old cleaning product spray bottle, just make sure you thoroughly wash it out.)

Instructions
  1. Add alcohol, dish soap, and essential oils to spray bottle. Swirl to combine
  2. Add water and shake to mix thoroughly
  3. Ready for use! Make sure you shake it good before use, just to make sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
So simple! My counters look great and I know my daughter isn't breathing in harmful chemicals.
***Tips*** If you are having problems with it drying, even after you wipe it up, try using 1/3 cup alcohol instead. Also, I recommend using a soft cloth instead of a paper towel.



No comments:

Post a Comment