Sunday, August 10, 2014

Personalized Mason Jars For Organization

Hey everyone! Another easy DIY project that helps with storing things. I use mason jars for EVERYTHING! I'm obsessed with these jars. They are cute and I know they are sealing whatever I am trying to store. You can use any size mason jars for this project but I personally used mini ones for the project that I am doing. (Which is organizing and storing all my homemade beauty body products.) 

Supplies
Arcylic paint
Paint brush
Mason jar (Walmart is cheapest. I got a 12 pack for $5!)
Glue
Pen

Instructions
1. Because the lid on the mason jars are separate (see photos below) you need to glue them together. You don't have to do this, but I recommend doing this if you are going in and out of the jar a lot. Just makes it easier and less work. Carefully glue around the part where the two pieces fit together. Tip: I glued on the rim and then placed the center piece on top of it.


2. Once the lid is fully dried flip it over. Time to paint! Mine came with a cute circle design on the lid and I wanted to keep it. So I carefully painted only the center circle part. I ended up doing two layers and it only took about 30 minutes to dry. Make sure you wait for it to fully dry until moving onto the next step.


3. Take out your pen (which ever color you want.) And write what it is that you are storing. Simple right? Your finished! I love little cute touches like this for storing and organizing. Gives it an extra touch and you can choose colors to match your decor. Also, if you wanted to do different designs, add ribbon or bling to it, it would still turn out great! I kept this one simple since no one really sees it but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment