Thursday, August 21, 2014

DIY Instant Dry Nails

I haven't brought Olivia with me to go get our feet done just yet. Not that I am against toddlers getting their nails painted but because I can't justify spending $15 or more when she will instantly going to ruin them. I have painted her toe nails at home but they last for maybe a couple hours, a day if I am lucky! Lets be honest. After spending a half hour to 45 minutes on getting your nails or toe nails done you want them to last and look perfect. Being a mom I instantly break a nail or my toes get messed up that day. There has to be a SOLUTION!
I have tried the cold water method. Where you put your nails into iced water for a couple minutes and they are supposed to dry. Yes it is true they do try but they peel almost instantly. Finally I came across this gem on Pinterest (of course). 

Pam! You know what you use to spray your pans with before cooking?! I know what you are thinking but it really does work! First clean your foot and paint your toes or nails. Simple right? Then spray the Pam onto your wet nails and let it sit for a minute or two. Wash your feet or hands and WALA! Perfectly dried nails. I ended up using this method on Olivia and after a WEEK they are still perfectly painted! If a toddler experiment doesn't prove it to you, I don't know what will! 

No comments:

Post a Comment