Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Natural Way To Correct Dark Spots

Summer is coming to an end (booo) and lets face it, I didn't wear enough skin protection. Did you? After pregnancy and the summer sun my face is suffering from a couple dark spots. First thing I did was go to a local thrift store and picked up a dark spot corrector. I've never used one of these before and thought this has to be simple. The smell was terrible! OMG. Which led me to look at the ingredients (thinking I was putting pure bleach on my face.) Little behold, it had hydroquinone in it. For those of you who don't know what that is let me tell you... In most skin lightening creams it is their most common ingredient. It has been linked to cancer and, ironically, ochronosis, which is known as SKIN DARKENING. Yikes! With a little research I came across a natural way to get rid of sun (dark) spots.

With two kitchen cabinet ingredients and about five minutes, you can start the skin lightening process to naturally reduce dark spots for good! Probably one of the easiest and simplest natural beauty DIY I've tried and it really works!

Ingredients
Lemon
Raw organic honey

Instructions
  1. After you wash your face with your normal face wash, cut your lemon in half. 
  2. Remove any of the sticking out seeds
  3. Hold half of the lemon with your hand and rub the juice all over the sides of your face. (Avoid your eyes!)
  4. Leave lemon juice on your face for 5 minutes or less. Much less if the stinging is too much.
  5. Rinse off
  6. Because lemon will dry your skin, apply honey. (You don't just want to reduce brown spots, you want to help fade the end-of-summer dry skin wrinkles too, right?)
  7. Leave the honey on for as much as 20 minutes.
  8. Then rinse off. 
Honey has antiseptic qualities as well, which means it helps to clear up breakouts. Bonus!! You will see a big difference after the first use, with how soft your skin will feel. I started to see a difference of my dark spots within a week. Depending on the damage it might take a couple weeks. Oh and try not to eat the honey off of your face... Just kidding! (But no, really, don't eat it). Hope this helps!

Resource credit to mommygreenest

No comments:

Post a Comment