Sunday, August 10, 2014

DIY Cellulite Scrub

The dreaded word cellulite that us ladies NEVER want to hear. Well I hate to be a negative nancy but every woman will have cellulite on their body by the time they reach 40. Having a 'mom' body (where I actually have hips now) I joined the cellulite club. I've tried a couple expensive creams but they haven't done much improvement. I hate when people will just say to you "go work out." Um... I run 5 days out of the week on top of yoga multiple times a week. Guess what?! It is STILL there! Being in my mid 20's I was mortified but after doing some research I found it to be quite the norm.

Back to the store bought creams. First they are expensive. Second you go through them super fast! Third it doesn't work! It did reduce the appearance but as soon as I stopped using them it came right back. I wanted something that would permanently work to help at least minimize the appearance, or if it couldn't fully get rid of it. Then I came across this DIY cellulite scrub with simple ingredients and let me tell you, AMAZING! Ladies this works! And you can find these ingredients in your house. Cheap and effective, just how I like it! First I'll tell you how to make it and then afterwords I'll explain why it works.

Ingredients
1/2 Cup of Ground Coffee
1/4 Cup of Sea Salt
1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup of Olive Oil (Not coconut oil because at low temperatures it hardens)

Directions
Mix all the dry ingredients first. Then add slowly, while stirring, the olive oil. Put your scrub in a clear container; I used a mini mason jar (Click Here). Works out great! While you are showering, apply some of your scrub onto your upper thighs and bum in a circular motion. Then rinse with warm water. Do this about twice a week and you will see a huge improvement fast!

The importance and why fresh ground coffee works so well. Caffeine in the coffee reduces the redness of the skin. It also firms and tightens the surface of your skin through constriction, that is why it reduces the appearance of cellulite. Coffee even is effective for promoting circulation, preventing from cellulite to form. A lot of spas use coffee as apart of regiment. It is highly effective! TRY IT, what do you have to loose? Beside that cellulite!

Recipe credited to paluaparrish

No comments:

Post a Comment